1. To ensure APT Training maintains the privacy of personal information provided to APT Training by Staff and Clients.
PROCEDURE: Data Collection
3. In order to provide training and assessment services we need to collect personal information upon a client enrolling in a course/qualification to be provided by APT Training. This information is required to be reported to state/territory registering bodies under the requirements of the Australian Vocational Education and Training Management Information Statistical Standards (AVETMISS). Information collected is as follows:
- Contact details (telephone and email
- Date of Birth
- Town and Country of birth
- Language spoken at home
- Level of English spoken
- Disability information
- Highest secondary schooling completed
- Other qualifications completed
- Current employment status
- Indigenous Status
- Sight current form of identification
4. APT Training only collects personal information by fair and lawful means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
5. The enrolment form completed by clients contains a disclaimer outlining why the personal information is collected and how it is used and clients are required to sign the disclaimer as their agreement to the use of their personal information.
Use and Disclosure
- a. To establish and maintain your relationship as a customer of APT Training
- b. To provide the products and services you have requested from APT Training
- c. To administer and manage those products and services
- d. To report to state/territory registering bodies in relation to training services provided
- e. To create and/or verify Student Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Agents, Contractors and Other Third Parties
7. APT Training agents, contractors and other third parties, who need personal information to provide a legitimate service, are also bound by these terms of privacy to ensure your personal information remains protected at all times.
Use of Internet
8. APT Training may use the Internet in order to transmit client personal information from delivery sites to other sites within the organisation and also to transmit details to state registering bodies.
Security of data transmitted to state and territory registering bodies is managed by these bodies.
APT Training has taken all reasonable steps to protect personal information security when using the internet but is aware that no transmission of information by email or to a registering body website is ever totally secure.
9. APT Training will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Clients are encouraged to help us keep their personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date by contacting APT Training and informing us of any changes to details.
Access to Records
10. Access to client/candidate personal information is available on application through the RTO Manager of APT Training via the submission of an Access Authorisation Form. Access to personal information will be controlled at all times. A person requesting the information will be accompanied for the entire time they are in possession of their personal information by the RTO Manager of APT Training.
11. Depending on the nature of the request, we will endeavour to respond within 5 working days, however, may be able to respond sooner than this. If it will take us longer 5 days we will inform you of the reason for the delay.
12. Clients/Candidates are able to raise any concerns they may have regarding personal information handling practices by either discussing concerns with the delivery site or by contacting APT Training administration.
13. APT Training will notify students and staff that any information collected about them will be kept confidential. Students and staff can access their personal information by completing the “Access Authorisation Form”.