Let’s see how well you know your parallel circuits.
Following on from our previous post on Series circuits, we will continue to test and expand your knowledge.
- The schematic shows three check valves with different pressure ratings, connected in a parallel configuration.
- Next to each check valve is an isolation valve, which can be operated to block the flow of oil through the check valve.
- A pressure gauge is connected on each side of the test rig.
- Take a moment to look at the image below. Then test your knowledge with the quiz below.
Question. When the pump is started, what pressure will be displayed on the left-hand pressure gauges, as mentioned in the quiz below?
Hint- The return line has 1 psi of back pressure when the system is operating.
- See how you go, you will see your results once you have submitted the form. Good luck.